Courtesy of Wedding Window

Saturday, November 16, 2013

30 Days of Thankful - Our Home


DAY 16:  Our home

When I was a little girl, I had a dream of growing up, getting married, having a family, and having my own home. I would scour the Sears catalogs for home decorations, bedding, etc. And since I am a list maker, I made lists and lists of things I wanted for my home. 

Four years ago we lived in the country, and I felt like God told me it was time to put my house on the market and move to town. My Dad was my helper out there, and 10 acres and a home was just getting to be too much for him (and me) to take care of. 

The day we moved out of our country home that we had shared with Bob, this was my mindset: 


I found a lot in town, decided to build, and jumped in with both feet, having no clue what I was really getting myself into.

But, with the help of friends and family, it started to come together. I made new lists and lists, and shopped and shopped, and here I am, 18 months later, in our home. I am thankful every single day for it. That being said, a house is just a house. A family is what makes a house a home. I'm thankful that I have my kids here with me (and Sophie too) to make our house the home it is.

When the concrete was drying, we went over at night to "write" in it, forever putting our own stamp on it. The kids wrote their names in their "rooms". I chose something a little different. In my bedroom, I wrote this: "Sometimes the dreams that come true, are the dreams we never even knew we had". And in our living room, this: "Life goes on... The Jaspers 2011". 

I'm thankful, that despite the storms that come our way, life DOES go on, and new dreams await us. 

And today, this is how I feel:


                                                      In the beginning... the foundation

                                                                   Framing and Walls!

                                                               Looking like a house!

The finished product (with my sister on the porch!) 



No comments:

Post a Comment