Courtesy of Wedding Window

Sunday, November 24, 2013

30 Days of Thankful - My Closet





Day 24: Today, I\"m thankful for my repaired (and improved) closet. I know it is such a girl thing, but man, I do love me an organized closet! 



Here is the view from the door:









It looks a little small, but believe me, it isn\"t. It is awesome! You could easily put a twin sized air bed in the open floor space. And yes, I have thought about it when we\"ve had tons of company.





Here are my wonderful shoe shelves. Perfect size! I kind of have a sick shoe obsession...







There are 6 shelves, not including the top shelf that runs around the room. Let\"s not talk about how many pairs of shoes are on those shelves.



Here is one of my favorite parts: My flip flop rod. It is a basic closet rod that I had installed under the bottom shoe shelf. Those are kid-sized plastic hangers. They work perfectly!







Again, we are not going to talk about how many pairs of flip flops are on that rod.



Here is a look at my file storage. These magazine bins are great for storing all sorts of random things. They have everything from instruction manuals to party decorations in them. 








I may, or may not, have an issue with picking a color that I like. Lol.



This is the new part of my closet. I had some more shelves built in this spot to hold purses, wallets, belts, hats, etc. Don\"t you just love the chevron bins that I found at Walmart?? (Dear Santa, all I want for Christmas is a whole bunch more of them!)









That sick obsession obviously extends to my purses... there are a whole bunch of them on these shelves... just waiting for chevron bins to live in.



I also got this nifty scarf hanger at Walmart. It is fabulous! I think there are spots for 18 scarves on it. Of course, you can easily put more than 18 on there...












Love me some scarves... I may have another sick obsession going on here.





And finally, here is my most favorite part of my whole closet... my jewelry storage. I got the white hook rack at Walmart (do you see a pattern here?) and I made the earring holders myself. I am so proud of them! 





When I went looking for something to hold my earrings, I couldn\"t find anything I liked that was easy to use. Easy was the key. If it wasn\"t simple, I wouldn\"t put things back on there. Ever. So, after months of looking for just the right thing, I stopped in at a lumber yard. Those poor guys in there thought I was crazy, but one old man could see my vision. He took me out in the yard and showed me... J trim. It is a 12 foot piece of metal that, from the side, looks exactly like a J. I had them cut the trim into 3 foot sections. I brought them home, rubbed them down with vinegar (to remove the shine from the galvanized metal so the paint would stick), painted those suckers black, drilled some screw holes in them and screwed them into the wall. Perfect. And easy! 



As much as I love organizing, there is always something more that I want to do. My next goal is to get all matching bins and magazine holders, so that it looks even more beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment