Courtesy of Wedding Window

Saturday, November 30, 2013

30 Days of Thankful - My Journey

Day 30:  I'm thankful for this journey.

30 Days ago, I decided to throw caution to the wind and jump on the 30 Days of Thanks bandwagon. I'm not really a bandwagon kind of gal... I usually avoid them like the plague. But this time, I decided I was up for the challenge.

What a 30 days it has been! From my kids, to my parents, to friends, to the internet, each day I looked inside to see what I felt thankful for that day. Of course, I am always thankful for the things that mean the most... family and friends. 

This has been good for me. So many times, I get burdened down with the cares of life, and I forget. I forget to be thankful for the things that really matter. So today, Day 30, I'm thankful for this challenge... this journey, because it has made me THINK.

Also, I just happened to look at the stats page of this blog (I didn't even know it had a stats page!) and I have had over 3000 views on my blog in the last 2 months. What?! That is just crazy. I love every one of you that have "checked me out". 

And finally, today, I am once again thankful for my kids. They helped me put up Christmas lights and decorations outside. Trust me, I really am thankful for their help. That is too big of a job to do alone, and last year it just did not get done. Those things make me happy when I pull in the drive at night. Here is a little preview of outside... obviously, since it is daytime, there aren't any pics of the house lights, but I promise, Wade put them up and I appreciate it a bunch.

Wreath on the front door 


 Trio of friends on the porch


 Paul the Polar Bear


 Pete the Penguin (The wind was not our friend today)


And Santa himself... in his little hidey hole 


Even Sophie got into the action... in the tree on the porch!

So, at the end of my 30 days, I want to say THANKS, to each and every one of you too! Now let's get this holiday season rolling!


No comments:

Post a Comment