Courtesy of Wedding Window

Thursday, November 7, 2013

30 Days of Thankful - The Little Things



DAY 7: It\"s the little things in life that sometimes get us by...



I could hear the birds singing as I left my house this morning. The air was clear, and cool. The sky was beautiful. I stopped at the corner gas station, as I do every morning, to get my Diet Dr. Pepper fix. The clerk was so friendly. As I was leaving, I found a penny on the ground, heads up, and I knew it was going to be a good day.



 





 







All I could think about as I was driving to work were the little things in life. I though about the "Sunshine and Smiles" box that my neighbor left on my doorstep last week. Such a kind gesture that really made my day. Another day last week, I was out checking my mail, and a random stranger stopped in the road and told me how much she loved my house. Just a simple thing for her to do, but it sure made me feel good.



 









About a month ago, I went to "visit" my Dad. It did my heart good to see that someone had put a basket of fall flowers on his grave. It brought me joy to know that he is still loved and missed by so many. 







A few days ago, a co-worker brought me a soup mug and some cute napkins "just because". It\"s the little things like this that make me feel appreciated!







Every night before bed, my kids are quick to tell me they love me. Now, I know they love me. But to hear it? Every night? What a blessing! 



 



 All of these things have gotten me to thinking... if it is the little things that make me so happy, that get me through, day by day, then I need to be much more aware of the little things in life, and not keep looking for "the big things" that I think I need. And it also makes me realize, that most of these little things are a direct result of someone\"s random act of kindness, and that I need to get on the stick and do some random acts of kindness for others!






No comments:

Post a Comment