Courtesy of Wedding Window

Friday, June 6, 2014

BC Day 12 - My Favorite Childhood Books


Blogger Challenge - Day 12 - My favorite childhood book(s)

This is my kind of question!! I absolutely love to read. And I have been that way, ever since I can remember. I have read many, many books over the years, and my tastes have changed as I have grown. But, one thing that has always remained constant is my love for mysteries.

My very first "favorite" book that I can remember was:


I'm not sure this really qualifies as a mystery, but everyone wondered how the pancake came alive and where it ran off to! Haha! I still have this book. It is truly a childhood treasure.

The next book that I remember being my "favorite" is:


Oh my gosh. This is such a good book! If you never read it, you should read it now, as an adult. You will love it, even now.

The first "series" of books I fell in love with was:

Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little House on the Prairie books


As I got a little older, I was completely, totally addicted to a couple of other series of books:


Nancy Drew books

and...

Trixie Belden books

I read every single book, in both series, multiple times, and I lived for the day that I would find myself involved in a real mystery! LOL.

As an older teenager, I made my way through all of the "love" series, such as Sweet Valley High, First Love From Silhouette, and Danielle Steel's novels.

Now, as an adult, I've reverted back to mysteries, and truly love anything by Patricia Cornwell, Sue Grafton, Lillian Jackson Braun, J.D. Robb, Dorothy Gilman and Lawrence Block.  I'm still a sucker for some romance, and still read Danielle Steel to this day, along with Nora Roberts. I also love true crime novels, autobiographies and real-life drama/peril stories.

And oh yes, I can't leave out the Left Behind books. They really opened up the book of Revelation to me.

Okay, so in retrospect, I guess I didn't follow the directions on this one very carefully. It said childhood book. But I just couldn't resist sharing some other great ones. If you haven't read a good book lately, you should try it!




No comments:

Post a Comment