Courtesy of Wedding Window

Saturday, June 14, 2014

BC Day 20 - What Makes Me Happy?


Blogger Challenge - Day 20 
 What Makes Me Happy?

What makes me happy? Well, there are a lot of ways that I could answer this question, but I'm just going to go with the first thing I thought of.

I am happy when I make someone else feel loved, happy, wanted. Does that sound odd? Let me explain.

There are so many, many times that I have felt unloved, or unwanted. Ignored. Left Out. And my kids have felt this exact same way. And I have seen this affect us in negative ways.

There are so many times when people go somewhere, or do something, or even have friends over, that we are left out, not invited. And not even thought of. 

And although I am certain that most of these times are not intentional, it still makes me unhappy. 

So, that being said, here is what makes me happy:

When someone calls, out of the clear blue, to invite me to do something fun.

When someone makes an effort towards my kids, whether it be texting them, or making room for them in their travels. 

Sometimes, it is simply someone making a little extra effort; showing a little care.

People, that is all it takes. A little effort, and not thinking of ourselves all the time.

Do you notice that I said "ourselves"? That is because I am just as guilty of these things as the next person is. We all get caught up in ourselves from time to time, and just don't think.

I want to think. I want to be that caring person. The one that remembers others out there that might feel left out. The one that includes them.

Because you know what really makes me happy? 

Making someone else feel happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment