Courtesy of Wedding Window

Sunday, June 1, 2014

BC Day 7 - My Favorite Songs


Blogger Challenge - Day 7 - My 5 Favorite Songs

5?? I'm supposed to pick 5? No way. Sorry, it just can't happen. I love music waaayyyy too much to only pick 5. So, in typical Sandy fashion, I'm tweaking this challenge a bit. I am going to do 8 different times/types, and I'll pick a favorite song in each one.

First off, from when I was a kid.  Da Doo Ron Ron, by Shaun Cassidy. He was my childhood heart throb, and I could just imagine him singing this song to me! 

Next, my teenage years.  Of all the great songs of the 80s, my favorite song was probably I Love Rock & Roll, by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts.

From my High School choir days. We sang many, many Broadway show tunes. And if I had to pick a favorite genre to sing, it would be these. Man, I love musicals! So, out of all the things we ever sang, or that I wished to sing, my favorite song was one my friend, Cherelle, sang way back in the day. I think we were Seniors. Somewhere That's Green, from the Broadway show (and movie), Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Movies, in general: Since I love music so much, I almost always find a song that I love in every single movie I watch. However, the one that has always stuck with me, and really touches my soul, is For Just A Moment (Love theme from St. Elmo's Fire)

Church song. I can't even begin to name all the church songs that I like. And love. However, being pressed to pick just one, I'm going to say, It Still Takes A Wise Man To Pray. If I am not mistaken, I believe Bro. Eddie Tomlinson wrote this song, and I agree with every sentiment in it.

Christian Song. Even though this is a similar genre, for me, it is different. These would be songs that I hear on the radio. And my favorite of all of them is, I Can Only Imagine, by Mercy Me. Every time I hear it, I can just picture being before The Father, and being unable to make a sound, just being able to bow on my knees before Him. Gives me chills.

For my Daddy: I just couldn't leave him out. For several different personal reasons, and at different times in my life, these songs make me think of my Dad:
  • The Battle Hymn of the Republic
  • I Claim The Blood, by the Hemphills
  • Oh Lord, It's Hard to be Humble, by Mac Davis
  • I'll See You Again, by Carrie Underwood


And finally, for my adult favorite(s). I just could not pick only one song here. I finally narrowed it down to three though.  
  • 1) A Thousand Years, by Christina Perry (which              technically falls into the movie category as well since it    was in Twilight) 
  • 2) Whiskey Lullaby, by Brad Paisley & Allison Krauss 
  • 3) That Summer, by Garth Brooks.


What a fun challenge question. It has brought back so many memories, and I'm singing awesome songs as I type this! 


No comments:

Post a Comment