Courtesy of Wedding Window

Saturday, September 25, 2021

REAL TALK # 1 - Transparency

REAL TALK # 1:
I’ve been thinking a lot about being ‘real’ and ‘transparent’ lately.  Especially in pictures.  Honestly, I hate filters on pictures.  I think it sends a terrible message to others, basically saying that your real self isn’t good enough and you must filter it to fit in, or be acceptable.  Sometimes people filter their pictures so much that I literally cannot recognize them when I see them out in public.  How sad is that??  What message are we sending our friends, our kids, our grandkids?  

Y’all.  We all have wrinkles.  Or pimples.  Or dark circles under our eyes.  Or red blotches.  We all look old, fat, frumpy, or just blah sometimes.  We all have bad hair days, or days we are bloated and look gross.  And you know what?  That’s okay!  That’s just our real selves.  God made us that way!  

I’m a selfie taker.  I admit it.  And most of the time, they are terrible.  But I’m okay with that.  
I am the one that likes to take pictures… of scenery, family, animals, friends, events, trips, etc.  But not everyone likes to take pictures, or always have their phone in their hand.  I often take a selfie to show that I was there, in the moment too.  

Y’all, we’re only here for a limited time, all of us.  Take the pictures, take the selfies, but please stop feeling like you must filter every photo of yourself.  Let’s be real.  Let’s be present and in the moment.  And remember, it’s okay to not be perfect.  ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment