Courtesy of Wedding Window

Monday, October 28, 2013

Attack Of The Killer Printer

ATTACK OF THE KILLER PRINTER!!

It started out as a normal Monday...

My printer looked like this:   


During 2nd hour, it turned into THIS:



Yes, it turned into a killer, arm-eating printer! It went something like this...

I was happily printing labels for each class roster. Along about the 3rd batch... BAM! Printer Jam! Ugh. I hate it when that happens.

I couldn't figure out how to get to the jammed paper. It was SO FAR BACK THERE. I tried everything I could think of, to no avail. Finally, I spied the little tray where the blank paper goes, and pulled it all the way out. BINGO! I could barely see the wad, way in the back. I was pretty sure my hand wouldn't fit in the hole though. But I was determined. I turned, twisted, shoved, and FINALLY got my hand all the way back there and I could barely grab the paper with my thumb and finger. But man, it was stuck good. I just didn't have enough strength in those two fingers to pull it out. So, I did the next logical thing (right??) and turned, twisted and shoved my other arm up in there. Now, let me point out, I had both arms in that thing, all the way up to my elbows. I tried as hard as I could, but I just couldn't get enough leverage to get that paper out. So, I shoved them up in there even farther. BIG MISTAKE.

I was stuck. Really stuck. As in, OH MY GOSH MY ARMS ARE TRAPPED IN A PRINTER stuck. I was about to have a panic attack. Thank goodness I have an office aide! Although she was dying laughing, she managed to lift up that printer (I don't even know how we both fit in that little space where the printer sits and I don't want to know what we looked like). Once she lifted it up, I could wiggle my arms a little, and bit by bit, I pulled them out. You know how your arm looks after you've laid on it for a long time and it is all wrinkly and marked up? Yes, that is how both of my arms looked. Lol. 

Relief flooded into me. I was free! And when I looked down, guess what I had in my hand? That dang paper. Thank goodness, because I was already wondering how I could convince my office aide to stick her arms up in there and try to grab it...

I just love Mondays!

No comments:

Post a Comment