Courtesy of Wedding Window

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

BC Day 10 - Best Trip Ever


Blogger Challenge - Day 10 - Best Trip Ever

My best trip ever... hmm. I've had some really great trips in my life. I have 5 that I would qualify for "best trip", but instead of "ever", I'm going to say "so far" because I really, really want to travel more!

First, back when I was 19, me, my mom and my dad went on a 17 day trip up the East coast with Jaylee (Fowler) Noss and her parents, Bill and Phyllis Fowler. We went to Gatlinburg, Nashville, Washington D.C., New York City, Rhode Island, the White Mountains in New Hampshire, Plymouth Rock, Niagra Falls, and many more places. It was such a wonderful trip, and we had so much fun with them. We even got to take a helicopter ride! I have lots of pictures from then, and the memories are forever burned into my memory, and I will always cherish that time that our families spent together. 

Another time, my mom, my aunt and I went to New York City at Christmastime... just to SHOP! It was truly wonderful. I am a city girl at heart, and NYC is my favorite one of all. We went to 2 Broadway shows, the Tavern on the Green, took a carriage ride, stayed in the Times Square Marriott, and SHOPPED! So. Much. Shopping. Great memories!

Another trip I was blessed to take with my parents was down South. We went to Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Georgia. We saw the Gulf of Mexico, and found lots of outlet malls to shop at. Mom and I shopped, while Dad "people watched", which was one of his favorite hobbies.

Every time we went to the Colorado camp outs was a terrific time in my life. The year I was 20 was the best Colorado trip ever. I got to ride out there with friends, which made it even better. Good times! 

And, last, but definitely not least, 2 years ago, I was blessed to be able to take my kids to Los Angeles, Hollywood and Malibu Beach. We stayed at the Hollywood Hotel, saw all the landmarks, toured a movie studio, and Sheridan even got to meet Sophia Bush, who played Brooke Davis on One Tree Hill. It was a terrific trip and I'm so thankful we had that time together. 

I'm not very good at these challenges, am I? I was supposed to pick one trip, but there was just no way I could leave out any of these. Be thankful I'm stopping at this point, because I've been lots of other places! 

No comments:

Post a Comment