Courtesy of Wedding Window

Saturday, March 9, 2019

Day 6 of 365

Today was party day!  My mom turned 80 yesterday so we had a birthday bash AT A PIZZA PLACE today.  Talk about a food challenge.

I prepped all week.  This is a fairly small pizza chain so I couldn't find any nutrition info online for them.  However, I did find it for several other pizza chains so I compared them all and found a happy medium, hoping that this one fit into that mold.  I was ecstatic to discover that a pepperoni calzone was only 8 points... until I found out they don't have calzones.  LOL.  So, after looking and comparing all week, I decided on soup and salad.  Oh well.  

Then there was cake.  OMG.  It looked so good and chocolate cake is my weakness for sure.  I wasn't going to have any, but then I got to thinking how this was a lifestyle change, and at some point in my life, I'm going to have cake.  So, I cut 1/4 of a piece and enjoyed every single bite.  And that was enough to be satisfied.  It was delicious too!

I wasn't very hungry for dinner (thank goodness after all those points at lunch), so it was an easy choice tonight.  

All in all, I'm feeling quite proud of myself for navigating such tough waters and coming out on the other side a winner!  #icandothis

FOOD - DAY 6 OF 365:

Breakfast:  1 Peanut Butter toast (3 points), 4 slices of Hormel ready to eat bacon (3 points) = 6 points and it was delicious.  Good combo!

Lunch:  The big one.  Lol.  1 cup of potato soup (6 points), salad (7 points).  Here's what I had in my unconventional "salad":  cottage cheese (3 points), boiled eggs (0 points), sunflower seeds (1 point), croutons (1 point), low fat cheese (1 point), 6 black olives (1 point) and broccoli (0 points).  No lettuce or tomatoes in my salad! All for 13 points.  Not terrible.

Dinner:  1 cup of Great Northern Beans (0 points), 1 cottage cheese snack cup (3 points).

Snack:  CAKE!  A tiny, 1/4 piece but it was soooo worth it (4 points).

All in all, it was a good day, I still have points left over and I really am feeling "in it to win it"!

18 meals down... 1077 to go.  #onmyway

~~pinned from site directly~~ . . . 3 MONTHS FROM NOW                                                                                                                                                                                 More

No comments:

Post a Comment