Courtesy of Wedding Window

Monday, March 11, 2019

Day 8 of 365

I am learning every day that food challenges are around all the corners, and I'm also learning how to consciously choose what I'm going to put in my mouth.  It's empowering!

Tonight we had big board meeting.  Every year, the FACS class cooks the most amazing brick oven pizza for the meeting.  (Side note:  We are the only high school in the United States with a real brick oven in their FACS room.  We came up with the idea during an all night FCCLA lock in and applied for a grant and got it!)  This year, not only did they make some amazing pizza, but they have been trying out recipes to make and sell monster chocolate chip cookies in our concession stand next year.  They finally decided on a product and brought all of us monster cookies to try.  So, I had a choice to make in what I was going to put into my body.  It wasn't a matter of will power.  I didn't feel like I couldn't keep from eating the stuff.  I just simply chose not to have it all.  I ate supper at home for 6 points and had a monster cookie at the meeting.  I was satisfied and didn't feel deprived at all.  Yay!

FOOD - DAY 8 OF 365:

Breakfast:  1 of the biscuits I made yesterday (it was not good.  It needed WAY more salt.  It tasted like... nothing.  Blech).  It was only 3 points, but I do not recommend.  I'm going to try another recipe this weekend.  In addition, I had an egg (0 points) and 4 pieces of Hormel pre-cooked bacon (3 points) for a total of 6 points.

Lunch:  Chicken Fried Rice (1 cup for 6 points), corn (0 points) and green lima beans (0 points) for a total of 6 points.  So good!

Dinner:  1 Salmon Patty (3 points), corn (0 points) and WW scalloped potatoes (3 points) for a total of 6 points.  It was delicious!!

Snack:  1 Monster Cookie.  Now, I had a hard time figuring out points on this, but I found a Toll House Monster Cookie so I went with that at 8 points.  Way higher points than any snack I would normally have, but it's okay because I still have points even after eating it.  And man, it was totally worth it.

All in all, a successful day.  I still have a good attitude and do not fear failure.  That is HUGE for me!

24 meals down, 1071 to go.  I've got this!

Invest in your health! best motivational quotes // Shakeology // fitness inspo // health and diet quotes // best fitness quotes // Beachbody // Beachbody Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment