Courtesy of Wedding Window

Saturday, November 2, 2013

30 Days of Thankful - My Momma



Day 2:  There are so many things I want to choose from, that I\"m having a really hard time picking. Today, I will choose my mom. My mom has always been My Friend. I\"m sure there was a time when we were just mother/daughter, but I can\"t remember it. Both of my siblings got married, 2 weeks apart, when I was eleven years old. At that point, it was just me and my parents. We did EVERYTHING together. (I am also extremely thankful for my Dad, but that is another post because I\"m too emotional to post about him today!). At a time when most teenagers fought with/hated their moms, I was friends with mine and told her everything. As I got older, got married, had children, divorced, and have lived life as a single mom, she has always, always been there for me. No matter what I needed (babysitter, errand-runner, seamstress, shopper, chauffeur, etc), I can always count on her. Not all girls have that with their mom, and believe me, I really do know how blessed I am. 



Here she is, my beautiful mother, Barbara. She may not love this picture, but I have always loved it. It shows her smiling, fun self. I love you Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment