Courtesy of Wedding Window

Saturday, May 31, 2014

BC Day 6 - What Are You Afraid Of?


Blogger challenge, Day 6:  What are you afraid of??

Hmm... this is an interesting challenge.  I am afraid of a lot of things, some physical, and some not. I try not to think of my fears, but just for today I am letting myself.

First and foremost, I am afraid of not making heaven my home, and never seeing The Father, or Jesus. I'm afraid of never seeing my Dad and my other family, friends and loved ones that have gone on. That is something I have to work on every day. I want to be there with them in the end!

In addition, I'm afraid of living my whole life and never really knowing God. Does that make sense? I don't want to just have a religion. I want to have a relationship with God.

I'm also afraid of living the rest of my life alone. I absolutely hate being single. I can't imagine never again having someone to share my life with. That being said, I'm terribly afraid that I will meet someone terrific, and that in itself is a whole other issue.

I'm afraid that I haven't taught my kids everything I should have. I'm afraid they are going to go out into the big, bad world out there unprepared for what life has to bring them.

I'm also afraid of letting others down by my choices. I know that I should get over that, because this is my life. Mine. And I can do anything I want to do. I am trying to conquer that, slowly but surely.

In the physical sense, I'm super afraid of dogs. I was trapped on a porch by a little yapper back when I was a kid, and it has scarred me for life. If I know a dog, then I am okay. Or, if you have a dog, and you tell me it is friendly, then I will believe you. Other than that, I won't even get out of a car at a house where there is a dog if no one is outside to save me from it.

I'm also afraid of swimming in water that I can't see the bottom in. You never can tell what kind of scaries are in there. No. Thank. You.

Add to that list snakes, spiders, scorpions, mice, rats and any critter that Sophie brings into my house that is still alive. Yikes!!

And tornadoes. Let's not forget tornadoes. I have gotten over my fear of storms as I have gotten older, and now I like to stand on the porch and watch them happen. But tornadoes? No. Still very afraid of them.

And thankfully, God has helped me to overcome my fear of sleeping in my house alone at night. These days, when my kids stay overnight at their friends' houses, I'm okay, and I am very thankful for that.

So, interesting challenge. It has really made me think.



What are you afraid of??




No comments:

Post a Comment